Think About It
- Reflect on your own experience of visiting ‘prisoners’. Perhaps you have ministered to people who are prisoners of drug, alcohol, gambling or anger abuse. Has your personal faith assisted your efforts? If so, how? If not, why?
- ‘We all just want to be called by the name our mom uses when she is not angry with us.’ What does this image evoke in you? Spend some time in silence with our Mother/Father God who loves you just as you are and way beyond your human imagining.
- Reflect on the ideas below to discern if/how you might be drawn to further personal action in this work of mercy. Donate funds to provide prayer sheets, bibles and rosary beads for Catholic Prison Ministry Victoria
- Volunteer as a member of the prison faith community (contact: [email protected])
- Consider the homeless and what drove them to the streets
- Remember those in prison as though you were in prison with them. (Heb 13:3) Pray for them.