The Marist Brothers are pleased to announce that we have partnered with the National Catholic Community Foundation to offer Charitable Gift Annuities to our Marist family.
What is a Gift Annuity?
A Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract in which you exchange a gift of cash or securities for a fixed income each year for the rest of your life (or the lives of two people). Those wishing to participate must be at least 60 years of age with a charitable gift of $5,000 or more.
Are there benefits to this type of giving?
Yes, the charitable gift annuity is an irrevocable gift commitment, but one with excellent tax and financial benefits.
- You are investing in the future of the mission of the Marist Brothers;
- Income for Life – at attractive payout rates for one
- or two lives;
- Tax Deduction Savings – a large part of what you transfer is a deductible charitable gift;
- Tax-Free Payout – a large part of your annual payment is tax-free return of principal;
- Capital Gains Tax Savings – when you contribute securities for a gift annuity, you minimize any taxes on your “paper profit;”
- Personal Satisfaction